2017 NATIONAL CONVENTION
Future National Convention Locations
Good afternoon. We wanted to provide you with a couple of updates regarding the 99th National Convention in Reno.
1. National Commander Schmidt has selected country music artist Neal McCoy as his Banquet entertainment for Tuesday, August 22. http://www.nealmccoy.com/about/
2. Tickets are still available for the National Commander's Banquet at $47.00 per person. Tables are Rounds of 8.
3. Neal will also serve as the Opening Ceremonies Emcee and sing the National Anthem.
4. American Legion Family Night at Greater Nevada Field is Monday, August 21 at 7:05PM. Tickets may be purchased at https://renoaces.formstack.com/forms/american_legion. More information is available on our website at www.legion.org/convention.
5. Tour opportunities are forthcoming and will be posted to the website by the end of March. There are some exciting tour packages instore.
6. Keep in mind, Color Guard Competition applications and Band Contest applications are also available on our website at https://www.legion.org/convention/contests.
1. Friday, August 18, 2017 – Color Guard Competition at 5:00PM. Rules and applications forthcoming and will be posted on our website.
2. Saturday, August 19, 2017 – Competitive Concert Band Contest and Exhibition Concert Band performance. Contests will start at 1:00PM. Rules and applications forthcoming. Keep in mind per the rules, if at least two band applications are not received by May 31, the band contests will not take place.
3. Sunday, August 20, 2017 – Patriotic Memorial Service starting at 11:00AM.
4. Sunday, August 20, 2017 – National Convention Parade. Great parade route going right through the heart of downtown Reno on Virginia Street, starting at Court Street and ending at 6th Street. The Department of Nevada will have a Post Parade Party at the Reno Ballroom. More information forthcoming.
5. Tuesday, August 22, 2017 – National Commander's Banquet. We are finalizing the Banquet Entertainment and your National Commander's selection will sure to please. Tickets are $47.00 per person and each table is a round for EIGHT (8) people. Departments may send their checks to the Convention & Meetings Office of The American Legion on or after January 1, 2017. Leading into the Centennial Celebration years, recommend budgeting $50.00 per ticket.
6. We will have shuttle transportation, off-site/parade bus transportation costs as well as tour options to you on or before February 21, 2017.
7. Please check the website often for updated information regarding notable items, events, etc for Reno at www.legionorg/convention. With the Reno Aces Minor League Baseball being in town, we are working with them for a possible American Legion Family Night and/or discounted tickets.
You may also wish to visit http://www.legion.org/sons/convention for the most up to date convention information. We look forward to another successful convention.
Currently there is no media on this page